Wednesday, June 17, 2009

To kiss ass or not to kiss ass

You've heard of the phrase..." You never get a second chance to make a good first impression."

That's as far as I get when it comes to kissing ass.
Let me clarify... kissing ass at work. Kiss once and that's it. Kiss ass at the interview.

Since coming out at work, I've stopped kissing ass in general.
I've kissed a few asses in my time at some work places, but I'm giving up that "vice".
Just like smoking, drinking to excess, drugs, playing the lottery, cheap tomales, veal, and sausage.

Now I just do the job and shut the fuck up. Other people in my department kiss my bosses ass.
Not me. I'm through with that.

Considering you spend a third of yout life sleeping, a third at work, and the remainder dealing with society, waiting in lines, maintaining a relationship with someone special, I have no time to kiss ass.

Being the only GBLT at work, makes for a lonely social work life. So... what's so social at work?... you may ask? They are not paying you to be social at work. Work is fucking work. If you dont believe me, ask my boss. Just because I'm out, doesn't mean I have to kiss ass all over again. Like kissing my bosses ass again?

Well friends, stop and think about the token gay person, the one who before they decided to come out, had a boat load of people who knew you, said " Hi "...
Now they dont give you the fuckin time of day.
You want me to kiss their ass?
Nothing has changed... only my happiness of who I am inside.
Work is no longer happy, so sorry... no ass kissy for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment